Luke Rockhold Accuses Paulo Costa Of PED Use, Urges Him To Accept Fight

    ByRoss Markey

    Apr 8, 2022
    Luke Rockhold

    Former undisputed UFC middleweight champion, Luke Rockhold has accused one-time title challenger, Paulo Costa of utilizing performance-enhancing drugs, as well as maintaining that the Brazilian is doing everything in his power to avoid a fight against him in his expected Octagon comeback. 

    Luke Rockhold, a former undisputed middleweight champion under both the UFC and Strikeforce banners, has been out of action since UFC 239 back in the summer of 2019, suffering a light heavyweight divisional bow knockout loss against former champion, Jan Blachowicz.

    Luke Rockhold landed the UFC middleweight title with a December 2015 win over Chris Weidman

    In the time since, Rockhold underwent surgery to address rotator cuff and labrum injuries, however, a disc injury ruled him from a scheduled middleweight division comeback in November of last year at UFC 268 in a Madison Square Garden against Sean Strickland.

    See also  Katlyn Chookagian Out, Manon Fiorot Now Meets Jessica Andrade At UFC Paris On September 3.

    Planning an Octagon return this year once again, the Santa Cruz veteran maintains that his upcoming comeback will mark the beginning of one final siege toward UFC gold.

    However, yet to book an opponent for said return, Rockhold has insisted that Costa has mad excuse after excuse in the hope of avoiding a showdown against him this year.

    “He’s (Paulo Costa) Making excuses left and right,” Luke Rockhold said on The MMA Hour. “He’s missed weight twice for that fight and he’s making excuses on not contractually agreeing to this fight because of the weight issues they’re placing upon him. Within all these rules, it’s like, you don’t want to make weight. You just want to make excuses. You’re a f*cking b*tch when it comes down to it. And your steroids aren’t working anymore, and you got caught up. You’re looking for a way out. He’s always needed assistance in whatever ways. It’s obvious. So, f*cking show up. Show up and show out. Let’s f*cking go.” 

    See also  Report - Cory Sandhagen vs. Song Yadong Targeted To Headline UFC Event On September 17.

    Responding to Rockhold’s claims, Costa, a native of Belo Horizonte – unleashed a tirade aimed at Rockhold, calling his chin “fragile”, as well as reminding the former champion of his loss against his compatriot, Vitor Belfort – whom Costa also claimed was his own father.

    “Luke RockOLD (sic) too old retired fighter out of the f*cking ranking,” Paulo Costa tweeted. “Shut up fragile chin.” 

    “I suspect in (sic) RockOLD (sic) minds all big Brazilian is on steroids,” Paulo Costa tweeted. “Maybe he has bad memories about it.”

    See also  Official - Robert Whittaker vs. Marvin Vettori Booked For UFC Paris Card On September 3.

    “After this sh*ts Luke Rockhold said, I will reveal a curiosity,” Paulo Costa tweeted. “Vitor (Belfort) is my dad and it happened when him and my young and sexy mom gets in romace n Rio de Gerais, Brazil. Now everyone knows. That’s what when he bring me to UFC the staff called me ‘Baby Vitor’.”