Jorge Masvidal has claimed that he plans to change the facial structure of his upcoming opponent and fierce rival, Colby Covington during their March 5. UFC 272 headliner. And plans to leave the outspoken contender in “critical condition”.
Masvidal, a former two-time welterweight title challenger, most recently headlined UFC 261 back in April of last year against reigning champion and common-foe, Kamaru Usman, suffering a second consecutive defeat to the champion courtesy of a second round knockout.
For Covington, the Clovis native headlined UFC 268 back in November at Madison Square Garden, also suffering a second career loss against Usman in the form of a unanimous decision blemish.
In the time following his loss to Usman, Floridian favorite, Masvidal was booked to feature in a pivotal main card grudge match against the #3 ranked contender, Leon Edwards at UFC 269 in December, until an undisclosed injury forced him from proceedings.
Off the back of the scuppered matchup, Masvidal booked a March 5. welterweight main event against former American Top Team teammate and friend, Covington – with the duo finally expected to bring the curtain down on their heated rivalry.
Ahead of the pairing, both sides of the bout have issued their fair share of barbs in one another’s direction, however, Masvidal has detailed how he plans to leave Covington in a “critical condition” after their UFC 272 main event.
“I’m going to leave him (Colby Covington) in critical condition,” Jorge Masvidal told MMA Junkie.”… I want to change his life, man. I want to change his life in a very drastic way. I’m going to do everything I have in me to do that.”
“I’m hoping that the referee, on the way to pulling me off of him, slips on a banana peel and I get some extra shots in and really change his life and his face structure,” Jorge Masvidal said.
In his most recent victory, Masvidal, who is currently ranked at #6 in the official welterweight pile, landed a fourth round doctor’s stoppage TKO win over Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 244 in November 2019 – scoring him the symbolic BMF championship title.
- Jorge Masvidal Plans To Leave Colby Covington In ‘Critical Condition’, Hopes To ‘Change His Facial Structure’, February 18, 2022
- Report – Beneil Dariush Out, Islam Makhachev Now Meets Bobby Green In UFC Vegas 49 Main Event, February 17, 2022
- Exclusive – Danni McCormack Touts Overall MMA Skillset As Key To Victory Over Stephanie Page At Bellator 275, Feburary 16, 2022
- Conor McGregor Touts Himself As The Best Ground And Pound Artist In MMA Today, February 16, 2022
- Luke Rockhold Claims June UFC Return Against Paulo Costa Is ‘Very Viable’, February 17, 2022