Jon Jones Agrees Plea Deal With Prosecutors, Domestic Violence Charge Dropped

    ByRoss Markey

    Dec 17, 2021

    Jon Jones, a former two-time undisputed UFC light heavyweight champion, has agreed a plea deal with prosecutors in the state of Nevada amid his September 24., last, arrest, and as a result, his misdemeanour battery domestic violence charge has been dropped.

    As initially reported by TMZ then later by MMA Fighting, Rochester native, Jones agreed a plea deal with prosecutors from the state of Nevada on Tuesday of this week, and pleaded no contest to a second charge of felony tampering or injuring a vehicle when he is alleged to have headbutted a Las Vegas Metro PD cruiser during his arrest, resulting in a medium-sized dent in the hood and causing the paint to chip. 

    Jones pleaded guilty to destroying property of another and has been issued a fine in relation to his charge in the region of $25 to $250 as a result.

    See also  Aljamain Sterling Calls For 'Pay Bump' Before Signing To Fight T.J. Dillashaw At UFC 279

    The official documents details how the misdemeanour sentence issued to Jones, notes that the Albuquerque resident must “stay out of trouble”, as well as attend anger management couseling, and pay an additional $750 in restitution to the victim of the damaged property. 

    Jones was arrested near the grounds of the Ceasars Palace Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 24., last, following his induction to the UFC Hall of Fame earlier that night. 

    Jones was initially charged with misdemeanour battery domestic violence after an alleged incident involving his fiancée, Jessie Moses.

    Law enforcement officers were called to the establishment by security officers in the earlier hours of the morning after Moses had presented herself at the security booth with the couple’s three children, in a distressed state. 

    See also  Sean O'Malley Speculates Khabib Nurmagomedov Retired From MMA Due To Charles Oliveira Threat

    Moses is alleged to have become upset when interacting with the security officer, and remained worried that Jones would return to their hotel room. One of the couple’s daughters then proceeded to ask the security officer to contact law enforcement officers.

    Responding detectives reported that blood was visible on Moses’ face, body, and person, as well as the bedsheets of the couples bed in their hotel room. Moses elected against pressing charges against Jones and maintained he had never physically struck her. 

    Jones has since left his longtime home base, Jackson-Wink MMA in Albuquerque, New Mexico following an initial suspension from the gym by longtime head coach, Mike Winkeljohn, as he deals with his alcohol abuse issues. Jones is currently training at Fight Ready MMA in Arizona, and still plans to make his heavyweight divisional debut in April or July of next year.

    See also  Report - Cory Sandhagen vs. Song Yadong Targeted To Headline UFC Event On September 17.