Nate Diaz ‘Disrespected’ By UFC’s Offer Of Khamzat Chimaev: ‘Don’t Even Talk My Name’

    ByRoss Markey

    Dec 5, 2021

    UFC veteran, Nate Diaz has confirmed the promotion had offered him a bout with the surging, undefeated, Khamzat Chimaev, which he promptly refused — as well as claiming the organization had disrespected him with the offer to fight the uber-prospect.

    Diaz, who infamously has just one fight remaining on his current UFC deal, is unlikely to renew his deal with the promotion prior to the culmination of his final fight, leaving him eligible to test free agency upon the completion of his contractual obligations.

    The Stockton native has been out of action since June of this year where he featured on the main card of UFC 263 against the #3 ranked, Leon Edwards, in the first five round, non-main event, and non-title fight in the promotion’s antiquity. Diaz suffered a unanimous decision loss to the Birmingham native, with the loss spelling his second consecutive defeat.

    See also  UFC 278 - Promotion 'Working' On Jose Aldo vs. Merab Dvalishvili Battle For August 20. Event

    Diaz, who was initially targeting another Octagon walk before the culmination of this year, has been linked to a walk at UFC 270 in January coming, with the event slated to take place in Anaheim, California — a relative stone’s throw from his native Stockton.

    However, despite openly calling for a pairing against an opponent within the top-4 of the welterweight rankings, as well as consistent call outs from the #4 ranked, Vicente Luque who is in the midst of a hugely impressive four-fight rise, Diaz has yet to put pen to paper on his next bout agreement.

    UFC president, Dana White, on the other hand, confirmed following the aforenoted, Chimaev’s fourth UFC victory on ‘Fight Island’ in October against Li Jingliang, that the organization would approach Diaz with a pairing against the Chechen-born finisher.

    See also  Islam Makhachev Sends Chilling Message To Charles Oliveira, Offers To Fight Him In Brazil

    According to Diaz, the UFC did, in fact, approach him with a bout against the AllStars MMA trainee — one which he swiftly turned down.

    They’re (the UFC) coming at me with (Khamzat Chimaev), and I’m like, ‘Hold on, don’t disrespect me like that, trying to offer me a fight with a rookie,’” Diaz told TMZ. “I’m cool, you got four fights in the UFC. Don’t even talk my name.

    Despite Chimaev quartet of stoppage victories against John Philips, Rhys McKee, Gerald Meerschart, and Jingliang since his promotional bow back in July of last year — Diaz maintains that the 10-0 contender is not on his level.

    See also  Breaking - Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller 2 Set For UFC 276, Bobby Green Removed From Card

    Fight the newer guys in the UFC,” Diaz said. “There’s levels to this, and I don’t even want to hear his (Khamzat Chimaev) name.

    LATEST NEWS