Luke Rockhold was once crowned the best Middleweight in the UFC, when he defeated Chris Weidman via TKO. However, that was back in December 2015, and since then, he has gone 1-3 in his last four fights. All of the aforementioned losses came via knockout.
Rockhold has not fought since 2019, and although many have now counted him out, he’s looking to come back to the division he once ruled. His last three losses have came at the hands of the light heavyweight champion, Jan Blachowicz, as well as former title challenger, Yoel Romero and former middleweight champion Michael Bisping. So it’s safe to say that Rockhold has only lost to elite level competition.
Earlier in the year, Rockhold told Submission Radio that he was looking to make a return. He also stated that he was looking to do so at 185lbs, where he has experienced his best work in the UFC, as appose to 205lbs.
A report from Damon Martin of MMA Fighting states that Rockhold is looking to get right back into the thick of it, but it having trouble finding an opponent:
Former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold is actively pursuing his next fight according to multiple sources.— Damon Martin (@DamonMartin) May 12, 2021
From my understanding, he's been seeking a ranked opponent but struggling to find any takers. One name I've heard Rockhold is interested in is Darren Till#UFC
“From my understanding, he’s been seeking a ranked opponent but struggling to find any takers,” Martin stated on Twitter. “One name I’ve heard Rockhold is interested in is Darren Till.”
Darren Till is coming off a decision loss to Robert Whittaker, and currently sits at #6 in the UFC’s middleweight division.
- Dana White Comments On Mike Perry’s Departure From The UFC: His Contract Expired
- Colby Covington Denies Breaking His Jaw Against Kamaru Usman, Claims X-Rays Were ‘Photoshopped’
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk Promises UFC Return Amid Removal From Rankings: ‘I’ll Be Back Soon’
- Rankings Update – Ex-UFC Champion Jon Jones Drops From Pound-For-Pound Top-3
- Michael Chandler Believes 10-8 Round Against Charles Oliveira Warrants Future Rematch