Undefeated in the UFC’s featherweight division, Zabit last fought in 2019, when he defeated Calvin Kattar, via decision. Since then, the UFC has tried to match him up with Yair Rodriguez on multiple occasions, which never came to fruition.
Zabit recently stated that he was moving on from a potential fight with Yair, and instead wanted to either face Max Holloway or fight for a title. It would seem that he will get neither, as new rankings suggest he has been dropped due to inactivity. The news was brought to our attention by the always reliable, Marcel Dorff who spotted it in TSN’s latest update.
Rankings update. Both Iaquinta and Magomedsharipov out of the rankings due to inactivity.— MaRCeL DoRFF 🇳🇱🇮🇩 (@BigMarcel24) April 25, 2021
Cerrone now ranked #15 at LW.
Chikadze now ranked #15 at FW.
(first rep. @UpTheDarce)
For people saying "It's not on the UFC website". Use TSN Rankings. They are legit and always updated.
As he mentioned, TSN is typically 24-48 hours ahead of the UFC’s official rankings update, but it is always reliable. It also points out that Al Iaquinta has been removed from the lightweight rankings, for the same reason.
It will be interesting to see what this means for Zabit and whether something else has happened to hurt his relationship with the UFC. The division isn’t exactly stacked with championship contenders right now, so this could be a big miss for the top five.
- Ali Abdelaziz on Tony Ferguson: “I think it’s going to be the last fight of his career.”
- Aleksandar Rakic ‘motivated’ and ‘excited’ for Jiri Prochazka: “This fight makes sense.”
- Covington on Nick Diaz: “Everybody knows he’s coming back for a cash grab. He’s washed up.”
- Ali Abdelaziz wants Gaethje versus Felder: “For fun, for the fans.”
- Beneil Dariush on Tony Ferguson: “He’s either #1 or #2 as the greatest lightweights of all time.”