Kevin Holland fights Jacare Souza this weekend at UFC 256. The up and comer has fought four times already in 2020, and had his hand raised after every one of them.
This weekend will be his biggest test to date and his first fight as a ranked contender. Many believe that with a win over Jacare to add to this momentous run, we could be seeing Holland fight for a title in 2021.
When asked about potentially fighting for the belt soon, Holland wasn’t going to get too carried away, stating that he’s happy with how things are going. Instead, he seems content on working his way through the division and fighting all comers.
“As long as they keep me active and keep my fighting, I’m a happy man,” Holland said.
“There’s plenty of guys in the division that need to get smacked before I become a champion. Everybody wants to be the champ, but half of these guys really aren’t that good. They all think they’re the best fighter in the world. But truth be told, we all got holes somewhere, so let’s just continue to fix our holes and see what happens. But if that happens in 2021, I will snipe whoever the champ is and I will become a champ.”
- Dana White: We’re Working On Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker II For January
- Jose Aldo on Dominick Cruz: “He’s More Dedicated To The Broadcasts Than His Own Fighting Career.”
- Michael Chandler Preparing For ‘Hardest Fight’ Of His Life Against Justin Gaethje
- Report – Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo 3 Booked For UFC 269 On December 11.
- Sean Strickland Claims Luke Rockhold Is A ‘F*cking C*nt’ Who Deserves To ‘Go To Sleep Permanently’
- Conor McGregor: “You Think A Broken Bone Is Going To Stop Me? Think Again.”
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Take Out ‘B*tch’ Sean Strickland Before Fighting Israel Adesanya For Title
- Tom Aspinall Believes Stipe Miocic’s Best Days Are Behind Him: I Think He Should Leave It Now
- Luke Rockhold Responds To ‘F*cking Idiot’ Sean Strickland: “I’ll Be The One In Jail.”