Kevin Holland fights Jacare Souza this weekend at UFC 256. The up and comer has fought four times already in 2020, and had his hand raised after every one of them.
This weekend will be his biggest test to date and his first fight as a ranked contender. Many believe that with a win over Jacare to add to this momentous run, we could be seeing Holland fight for a title in 2021.
When asked about potentially fighting for the belt soon, Holland wasn’t going to get too carried away, stating that he’s happy with how things are going. Instead, he seems content on working his way through the division and fighting all comers.
“As long as they keep me active and keep my fighting, I’m a happy man,” Holland said.
“There’s plenty of guys in the division that need to get smacked before I become a champion. Everybody wants to be the champ, but half of these guys really aren’t that good. They all think they’re the best fighter in the world. But truth be told, we all got holes somewhere, so let’s just continue to fix our holes and see what happens. But if that happens in 2021, I will snipe whoever the champ is and I will become a champ.”
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”