Earlier this year, Jon Jones announced that he would he vacating his Light Heavyweight title and finalizing a move to the Heavyweight division, for a fresh challenge.
He initially campaigned for a debut against Francis Ngannou, but negotiations quickly broke down. He now has his sights set on an eventual fight against the Heavyweight Champion, Stipe Miocic. However, it’s currently unclear when Jon Jones will make his Heavyweight debut and who it’ll be against.
In an interview with Marc Raimondi of ESPN, Jones detailed why a move to Heavyweight excites him.
“The light heavyweight division was fun, but I just wasn’t scared of those guys anymore,” Jones said. “Like, none of them. And I think it showed in some of my performances. Obviously, I still trained hard. But there was no urgency in some of my last fights.”
“With these next guys I’m going to be going up against, I respect these guys. These guys are intimidating — they’re intimidating as s***. It just gets me up in a whole different way.”
- Dana White: We’re Working On Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker II For January
- Jose Aldo on Dominick Cruz: “He’s More Dedicated To The Broadcasts Than His Own Fighting Career.”
- Michael Chandler Preparing For ‘Hardest Fight’ Of His Life Against Justin Gaethje
- Report – Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo 3 Booked For UFC 269 On December 11.
- Sean Strickland Claims Luke Rockhold Is A ‘F*cking C*nt’ Who Deserves To ‘Go To Sleep Permanently’
- Conor McGregor: “You Think A Broken Bone Is Going To Stop Me? Think Again.”
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Take Out ‘B*tch’ Sean Strickland Before Fighting Israel Adesanya For Title
- Tom Aspinall Believes Stipe Miocic’s Best Days Are Behind Him: I Think He Should Leave It Now
- Luke Rockhold Responds To ‘F*cking Idiot’ Sean Strickland: “I’ll Be The One In Jail.”