Israel Adesanya is known as one of the best kickboxers in the world. With a combination of over 100 fights in his career, he’s captured the UFC Middleweight title, mostly through his striking advantage.
However, Adesanya now plans on utilizing his grappling as much as his striking. Via Instagram, he claims to have now earned his purple belt.
You can see the post below.
“This has been the highlight of my trip so far, being surprised with a purple belt by @galvaobjj. Although initially I didn’t feel I deserved this. I trust his judgement and feel I have earned this. In my short time here I’ve felt my Jiu Jitsu level up. I love knocking people out, but it’s time to start tapping them out!”
He is currently set to face 205lbs Champion, Jan Blachowicz, in an attempt to become a double Champion, but nothing is confirmed yet.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”