Israel Adesanya is known as one of the best kickboxers in the world. With a combination of over 100 fights in his career, he’s captured the UFC Middleweight title, mostly through his striking advantage.
However, Adesanya now plans on utilizing his grappling as much as his striking. Via Instagram, he claims to have now earned his purple belt.
You can see the post below.
“This has been the highlight of my trip so far, being surprised with a purple belt by @galvaobjj. Although initially I didn’t feel I deserved this. I trust his judgement and feel I have earned this. In my short time here I’ve felt my Jiu Jitsu level up. I love knocking people out, but it’s time to start tapping them out!”
He is currently set to face 205lbs Champion, Jan Blachowicz, in an attempt to become a double Champion, but nothing is confirmed yet.
- Dana White: We’re Working On Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker II For January
- Jose Aldo on Dominick Cruz: “He’s More Dedicated To The Broadcasts Than His Own Fighting Career.”
- Michael Chandler Preparing For ‘Hardest Fight’ Of His Life Against Justin Gaethje
- Report – Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo 3 Booked For UFC 269 On December 11.
- Sean Strickland Claims Luke Rockhold Is A ‘F*cking C*nt’ Who Deserves To ‘Go To Sleep Permanently’
- Conor McGregor: “You Think A Broken Bone Is Going To Stop Me? Think Again.”
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Take Out ‘B*tch’ Sean Strickland Before Fighting Israel Adesanya For Title
- Tom Aspinall Believes Stipe Miocic’s Best Days Are Behind Him: I Think He Should Leave It Now
- Luke Rockhold Responds To ‘F*cking Idiot’ Sean Strickland: “I’ll Be The One In Jail.”