Charles Oliveira has missed weight on multiple occasions. He has even done so, by as much as nine pounds in the past. That was when he weighed in at 155lbs for a Featherweight fight.
Tony Ferguson faces him this Saturday at UFC 256. That is if Oliveira makes weight. Ferguson has posted a warning on his Instagram, stating that he believes Oliveira will not bother to cut the required weight this week, and if that is the case, he may refuse to compete with the Brazilian.
“At the beginning of this camp, I made a conscious decision to trust in what got me here and the results are amazing,” Ferguson wrote on Instagram. “I have been competing in athletics for over 30 years and making weight the same amount of time. Weight is good and eating right.”
“I am counting on the Brazilian Charles Oliveira and others to come in overweight like usual. So I’m calling it now. Case law. Short notice fight, Charles Oliveira will not cut weight all week and show up 3-4 pounds over weight and use the excuse of a short notice fight.”
“If he shows up that much overweight, we are not competing. So crew, Make sure you visit the kids page @charlesdobronxs & encourage him to make the weight if you want to see a fight.”
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”