Charles Oliveira has missed weight on multiple occasions. He has even done so, by as much as nine pounds in the past. That was when he weighed in at 155lbs for a Featherweight fight.
Tony Ferguson faces him this Saturday at UFC 256. That is if Oliveira makes weight. Ferguson has posted a warning on his Instagram, stating that he believes Oliveira will not bother to cut the required weight this week, and if that is the case, he may refuse to compete with the Brazilian.
“At the beginning of this camp, I made a conscious decision to trust in what got me here and the results are amazing,” Ferguson wrote on Instagram. “I have been competing in athletics for over 30 years and making weight the same amount of time. Weight is good and eating right.”
“I am counting on the Brazilian Charles Oliveira and others to come in overweight like usual. So I’m calling it now. Case law. Short notice fight, Charles Oliveira will not cut weight all week and show up 3-4 pounds over weight and use the excuse of a short notice fight.”
“If he shows up that much overweight, we are not competing. So crew, Make sure you visit the kids page @charlesdobronxs & encourage him to make the weight if you want to see a fight.”
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’