Conor McGregor has not fought since his 40 second bout with Donald Cerrone, back in January. We’re now just a few weeks out from a Conor McGregor return, as he rematches Dustin Poirier on January 23rd.
In an interview with ‘The Bash MMA’, McGregor’s striking coach, Owen Roddy discusses where Conor is at both mentally and physically.
“He’s just a f****** stone cold killer.” Roddy told The Bash MMA.
“Coming off the Cerrone camp, he was in great form, he was motivated, he was in a good place. And then he wanted to go on this run throughout the year, but Covid messed everything up. But he didn’t stop training. He hasn’t stopped, he’s been very active, working all areas of mixed martial arts, and you can see that now.”
“He’s in the best shape I’ve ever seen him in my entire life. The Doc and Colin have just been working tirelessly.”
“He’s a very finely tuned machine, and you can see it. I was just looking at certain things like when he was doing his cardio; his heart rate, how quickly it was coming up and back down into the green zone.”
“When it comes to his grappling, his wrestling, we all know his striking is phenomenal as well, he just looks phenomenal. And he’s in a good place, he’s in a happy place, I just can’t wait to see him do it again.”
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”