Rafael “Barata” Freitas has been jailed on charges of “criminal sexual penetration,” according to the Albuquerque Journal. You can read it here.
Freitas’ arrest comes from an alleged incident with a client, where he has been accused of drugging and raping her, in her home.
Freitas was in the corner of former UFC Champion Holly Holm for her most recent fight in October.
According to the newspaper, he was previously listed as an instructor on the Jackson Wink MMA official website. However, a spokesman for the gym denied any association with Freitas.
According to the report, the security tape shows Freitas dropping something into the woman’s orange juice while she was in the bathroom, as his hand makes a ‘flicking’ motion over the glass.
Afterward, Freitas allegedly removed the woman’s shorts and appeared to force oral sex on her while she was passed out, then later rubbing her hand on his genitals. According to the report, detectives stated the woman then stayed motionless on the couch for 50 minutes before sitting up.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’