Rafael “Barata” Freitas has been jailed on charges of “criminal sexual penetration,” according to the Albuquerque Journal. You can read it here.
Freitas’ arrest comes from an alleged incident with a client, where he has been accused of drugging and raping her, in her home.
Freitas was in the corner of former UFC Champion Holly Holm for her most recent fight in October.
According to the newspaper, he was previously listed as an instructor on the Jackson Wink MMA official website. However, a spokesman for the gym denied any association with Freitas.
According to the report, the security tape shows Freitas dropping something into the woman’s orange juice while she was in the bathroom, as his hand makes a ‘flicking’ motion over the glass.
Afterward, Freitas allegedly removed the woman’s shorts and appeared to force oral sex on her while she was passed out, then later rubbing her hand on his genitals. According to the report, detectives stated the woman then stayed motionless on the couch for 50 minutes before sitting up.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”