Last night, the UFC battled through last minute drop outs, to put on another exciting event in Las Vegas. It was headlined by Jack Hermansson, who was previously scheduled to face Darren Till and then Kevin Holland. In the end, it was Marvin Vettori who he would face to protect his top five ranking.
Vettori put on one of his best performances to date. The Italian had previously lost a split decision to Israel Adesanya back in April 2018. Since then, he’s now put together four consecutive wins, with last nights being the biggest yet. Hermansson is ranked fourth in the division, and with Adesanya not scheduled to face anyone in the division, he has positioned himself among the top of the pecking order for getting another shot at the Champion. Next time, there will be much more on the line.
The full results are below.
Marvin Vettori def. Jack Hermansson by unanimous decision (49-46 x2, 49-45)
Jamahal Hill def. Ovince Saint Preux by TKO (punches) at 3:37 of Round Two
Taila Santos vs. Montana De La Rosa Movsar Evloev vs. Nate Landwehr Cody Durden vs. Jimmy Flick
Gabriel Benitez def. Justin Jaynes by TKO (knee and elbows) at 4:06 of Round One
Roman Dolidze def. John Allan by split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
Jordan Leavitt def. Matt Wiman by KO (slam) at 0:22 of Round One
Louis Smolka def. Jose Quinonez by TKO (punches) at 2:15 of Round Two
Ilia Topuria def. Damon Jackson by KO (punch) at 2:38 of Round One
Jake Collier def. Gian Villante by unanimous decision
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”