It was recently rumored that Khamzat Chimaev had tested positive for Covid-19 and was out of his main event with Leon Edwards. However, this was proven to be false, which you can read about HERE.
Unfortunately, it has now been confirmed that it is in fact Leon Edwards who has tested positive for Covid. ESPN MMA have confirmed the news via Ariel Helwani.
You can see the latest messages below.
Per sources, Leon Edwards' (@Leon_edwardsmma) case of Covid-19 was pretty severe. He couldn't train at all, and he lost 12 pounds in four days. He's in the process of recovering at home. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) December 1, 2020
This has happened a few times lately, with many fighters switching opponents and taking on whoever is willing. However, Chimaev has recently struggled to find an opponent and was desperate to fight sooner rather than later. It’s unclear at this point whether to UFC can find him a replacement.
We wish Leon Edwards a speedy recovery.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’