Scott Coker is the President of Bellator, one of the biggest MMA promotions in the world. He also founded Strikeforce, which homed many future UFC Champions before it was acquired by them.
Patricio ‘Pitbull’ Freire is Bellator’s Featherweight and Lightweight Champion. He is currently on a six fight win streak, with one of those wins being a KO over UFC Lightweight contender, Michael Chandler.
Coker has stated that he believes ‘Pitbull’ to be the best Featherweight not just in Bellator, but in the world and that he would KO Alexander Volkanovski.
“Patricio is the best featherweight in the world, anyone who understands the game knows that there is no way to doubt that. And it’s not new, he’s been the best for a long time. Now he’s finally getting this recognition and my social media team says that only now are people making this comparison with the champions of other leagues, but I don’t even think it’s a valid comparison,” Coker said.
“I’m sure that Patrício would knock out the champion of the other league. Our featherweight division is clearly very competitive, we have just hired new promises and this will make the division even better than any other promotion. Today, when we talk about featherweight, Patrício is the best fighter in the world. There is no one for anyone.”
- Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett signed to the UFC
- Zabit wants to be next in line for a title shot or face Max Holloway
- Islam Makhachev: “I don’t agree on Chandler being in there.”
- NiteTrain on fighting a Nurmagomedov: “I’m about to change their game.”
- VIDEO: Khabib coaches Holland cage-side to become first to take Brunson down in the UFC
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2