The UFC is struggling to keep it’s main events in tact during the pandemic. Just this weekend, both Curtis Blaydes and Kevin Holland have tested positive for Covid-19 and were withdrawn from their bouts.
Reports recently broke from Swedish news outlet Kimura, that Chimaev had tested positive for Covid-19 and his fight with Leon Edwards was in doubt.
Khamzat Chimaev has tested positive for COVID-19 and is OUT of his fight against Leon Edwards.— MMA Island (@MMAisland) November 29, 2020
However, the news was not confirmed. Firstly Ariel Helwani spoke to Leon Edwards team who stated it was the first they were hearing of it.
Leon Edwards’ team said they haven’t been notified yet and the @kimurasweden report was the first they heard about it. Not saying it’s not true but that’s what they said. No word yet from Chimaev’s team. https://t.co/cArHHhpJmH— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 29, 2020
Chimaev’s management team has now stated that it was in fact “fake news”.
Khamzat Chimaev is NOT COVID-19 positive. Fight is still on.— MMA Island (@MMAisland) November 29, 2020
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”
- Scott Coker says Anthony Pettis vs MVP “would be a lot of fun.”
- DC on Khabib: “I don’t think it’s going to be money that makes him go back.”
- Sean O’Malley: “12-0. Chito sucks.”
- ‘Wonderboy’ says he will be Champ in 2021, calls for a rematch with Jorge Masvidal
- Anthony Pettis wants to rematch Tony Ferguson: “I think that’ll be a good fight for me.”