Just hours after Curtis Blaydes tested positive for Covid-19 and his main event with Derrick Lewis was scrapped, we now have another UFC main event in jeopardy.
Kevin Holland was stepping in on late notice for his first chance at a top contender. Darren Till recently pulled out of the bout with Hermansson due to a knee injury, leaving Holland with the opportunity to face a top 5 opponent.
Unfortunately, Ariel Helwani of ESPN has just broke the news that Kevin Holland has also tested positive for Covid-19, and it has been confirmed by the fighter himself.
I have been pulled from my main event bout next weekend due to a positive pre fight covid test. Hoping to test clean and get back inside the cage ASAP. pic.twitter.com/KfMF4jQFQg— Kevin Holland (@Trailblaze2top) November 28, 2020
Kevin Holland is out of next weekend’s main event against Jack Hermansson due to a positive COVID test, per multiple sources.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 28, 2020
Current plan is for Hermansson to now fight Marvin Vettori in the main event of next weekend’s show, sources say, though, no bout agreement issued yet.
Marvin Vettori is scheduled to face Jacare Souza at UFC 256, but it looks like he is being brought forward to save the main event.
We wish Holland a speedy recovery.
- Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett signed to the UFC
- Zabit wants to be next in line for a title shot or face Max Holloway
- Islam Makhachev: “I don’t agree on Chandler being in there.”
- NiteTrain on fighting a Nurmagomedov: “I’m about to change their game.”
- VIDEO: Khabib coaches Holland cage-side to become first to take Brunson down in the UFC
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2