Jack Hermansson is currently ranked #4 in the UFC’s Middleweight division, with an eye on an eventual fight with Israel Adesanya. He’s coming off a 78 second submission win over Kelvin Gastelum and is fighting Kevin Holland next month.
In an interview with Submission Radio, Hermansson was asked who he believes will win, in the upcoming bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
“I think that people underestimate Conor [McGregor] because of his losses and so on,” Hermansson said.
“People forget how good he is. I really believe that Conor and maybe Adesanya are the two greatest strikers in MMA. And I do believe that Poirier is a better fighter than he was when they last fought, but I still believe that Conor’s precision and striking is going to be hard for Poirier to handle. But you never know if Poirier is going to have a gameplay of pressure and wrestling and you know, use that recipe of getting Conor tired before you beat him. That’s the way to beat Conor McGregor.”
Hermansson was originally scheduled to face Darren Till next month. But a knee injury resulted in Holland stepping in, on late notice.
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”
- Scott Coker says Anthony Pettis vs MVP “would be a lot of fun.”
- DC on Khabib: “I don’t think it’s going to be money that makes him go back.”
- Sean O’Malley: “12-0. Chito sucks.”
- ‘Wonderboy’ says he will be Champ in 2021, calls for a rematch with Jorge Masvidal
- Anthony Pettis wants to rematch Tony Ferguson: “I think that’ll be a good fight for me.”