Jack Hermansson is currently ranked #4 in the UFC’s Middleweight division, with an eye on an eventual fight with Israel Adesanya. He’s coming off a 78 second submission win over Kelvin Gastelum and is fighting Kevin Holland next month.
In an interview with Submission Radio, Hermansson was asked who he believes will win, in the upcoming bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier.
“I think that people underestimate Conor [McGregor] because of his losses and so on,” Hermansson said.
“People forget how good he is. I really believe that Conor and maybe Adesanya are the two greatest strikers in MMA. And I do believe that Poirier is a better fighter than he was when they last fought, but I still believe that Conor’s precision and striking is going to be hard for Poirier to handle. But you never know if Poirier is going to have a gameplay of pressure and wrestling and you know, use that recipe of getting Conor tired before you beat him. That’s the way to beat Conor McGregor.”
Hermansson was originally scheduled to face Darren Till next month. But a knee injury resulted in Holland stepping in, on late notice.
- Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett signed to the UFC
- Zabit wants to be next in line for a title shot or face Max Holloway
- Islam Makhachev: “I don’t agree on Chandler being in there.”
- NiteTrain on fighting a Nurmagomedov: “I’m about to change their game.”
- VIDEO: Khabib coaches Holland cage-side to become first to take Brunson down in the UFC
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2