After Anderson Silva was recently released from his UFC contract, it seemed certain that he’d find a home elsewhere. Silva is adamant that he will continue his passion and compete in MMA, but he is now struggling for options, as to where.
First, he was turned down by Bellator and PFL, which you can read about HERE. These seemed like the obvious options initially. Then there was an obvious, credible option, and an obvious, non-credible option. ONE Championship being the premier MMA organisation in Asia, and BKFC being seen as the type of organization that would gladly make some money off of Silva’s legacy.
Unfortunately for Silva, these promotions have all ruled out the possibility of signing him in the near future. Below you can see ONE Championship’s response.
I am a huge Anderson Silva fan,” Sityodtong – ONE Championship Chairman told Fightful. “Without a doubt, he is one of the best ever to do it. That being said, athlete safety is our number one priority at ONE Championship. As such, we will not be bidding for his services. I wish Anderson much happiness and success in whatever he chooses to do next.”
Below, you can see BKFC’s response.
“At this time we are not interested in Anderson Silva competing for BKFC. He’s a legend and I loved watching him fight. We need to concentrate on building our fighters already signed to BKFC,” Feldman told BJPENN.com.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”