After Deiveson Figueiredo recently successfully defended his Flyweight title in under two minutes, he was disappointed not to receive a bonus. Bonuses are given out after UFC events for the best performances and knockouts of the night.
Figueiredo expressed his disappointment at the UFC 255 post fight press conference. But now Dana White has made things up to him. The two, plus others met and Dana handed him a bag with $50,000 cash inside of it. You can see the video below.
This is likely a little bonus for Figueiredo stepping in to defend his title again in just a couple of weeks at UFC 256. This was due to both title fights that were originally scheduled for the card being postponed.
Figueiredo will now headline the card when he defends his Flyweight title against Brandon Moreno on December 12th.
- Ali Abdelaziz on Tony Ferguson: “I think it’s going to be the last fight of his career.”
- Aleksandar Rakic ‘motivated’ and ‘excited’ for Jiri Prochazka: “This fight makes sense.”
- Covington on Nick Diaz: “Everybody knows he’s coming back for a cash grab. He’s washed up.”
- Ali Abdelaziz wants Gaethje versus Felder: “For fun, for the fans.”
- Beneil Dariush on Tony Ferguson: “He’s either #1 or #2 as the greatest lightweights of all time.”
- Kamaru Usman wants Michael Chiesa on June 12th: “Let’s throw [him] a bone.”
- Giga Chikadze calls to headline against ‘Cowboy’ next week after 1st round TKO.
- Diego Sanchez cut by the UFC as video surfaces of confrontation at his fighter meeting.
- Whittaker talks about Adesanya “losing his invincibility bubble.”