After Deiveson Figueiredo recently successfully defended his Flyweight title in under two minutes, he was disappointed not to receive a bonus. Bonuses are given out after UFC events for the best performances and knockouts of the night.
Figueiredo expressed his disappointment at the UFC 255 post fight press conference. But now Dana White has made things up to him. The two, plus others met and Dana handed him a bag with $50,000 cash inside of it. You can see the video below.
This is likely a little bonus for Figueiredo stepping in to defend his title again in just a couple of weeks at UFC 256. This was due to both title fights that were originally scheduled for the card being postponed.
Figueiredo will now headline the card when he defends his Flyweight title against Brandon Moreno on December 12th.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”