After Khabib Nurmagomedov defended his title against Justin Gaethje last month, it was a shock to the MMA community. So much so that UFC President, Dana White, doesn’t quite think it’ll stay that way.
The door to Khabib’s return has been left open. He is still the UFC Lightweight Champion, and he is still being tested by USADA. When most recently asked about it, Dana White said that he believes Khabib will be back to go for 30-0. He also mentioned that the two were planning to meet and talk about future plans.
Now, it looks like that time has come. Khabib has posted on social media that he will see Dana White soon.
Any further details are unclear at this point. But it could mean that we’ll know more about Khabib’s situation very soon.
The confirmation of Khabib’s retirement could of course mean that the Lightweight title is up for grabs. Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson and Charles Oliveira are all signed to fight over the next few weeks. This could lead to fighting for vacant title in the near future.
If Khabib has indeed not retired, then he will be obligated to defend the belt in the near future, meaning one of the other top contenders could be fighting for a shot at the man himself.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’