After Khabib Nurmagomedov defended his title against Justin Gaethje last month, it was a shock to the MMA community. So much so that UFC President, Dana White, doesn’t quite think it’ll stay that way.
The door to Khabib’s return has been left open. He is still the UFC Lightweight Champion, and he is still being tested by USADA. When most recently asked about it, Dana White said that he believes Khabib will be back to go for 30-0. He also mentioned that the two were planning to meet and talk about future plans.
Now, it looks like that time has come. Khabib has posted on social media that he will see Dana White soon.
Any further details are unclear at this point. But it could mean that we’ll know more about Khabib’s situation very soon.
The confirmation of Khabib’s retirement could of course mean that the Lightweight title is up for grabs. Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, Tony Ferguson and Charles Oliveira are all signed to fight over the next few weeks. This could lead to fighting for vacant title in the near future.
If Khabib has indeed not retired, then he will be obligated to defend the belt in the near future, meaning one of the other top contenders could be fighting for a shot at the man himself.
- Report – Amanda Ribas vs. Michelle Waterson Targeted For UFC Event On March 26.
- Clay Guida Offers Nate Diaz Rematch Following UFC Vegas 44 Win: ‘I’ll Give Him Another Chance’
- Aljamain Sterling Praises ‘Phenomenal’ Jose Aldo, Believes He Has ‘The Tools’ To Defeat Him
- Nate Diaz ‘Disrespected’ By UFC’s Offer Of Khamzat Chimaev: ‘Don’t Even Talk My Name’
- Sean O’Malley Claims He’s The ‘Unranked Champ’ At Bantamweight Ahead Of UFC 269
- Beneil Dariush Unwilling To Fight Justin Gaethje In The Future: ‘I Don’t Want To Fight A Friend’
- UFC Vegas 44: Font V Aldo Results And Review
- UFC Vegas 44: Font V Aldo Preview
- Report – Jack Hermansson vs. Sean Strickland Headlines UFC Event On February 5.