Francis Ngannou is coming off four back to back KO wins, all in the first round. He last fought in May, when he knocked out Jairzinho Rozenstruik in just 20 seconds. Since then he has been waiting for a second title shot against Stipe Miocic.
Miocic beat Ngannou by decision back in January 2018. Since then, he has fought Daniel Cormier once a year, as they completed a trilogy. This has somewhat held up the division and left Ngannou frustrated.
Although ‘The Predator’ has his sights set on the Champion, he did entertain the thought of an explosive match up with Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson.
“There’s a guy who people really want you to fight, his name is Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson.” Brian Campbell of Morning Kombat said. “I talked to ‘Rumble’ this year. I said, what about you at Heavyweight with a Ngannou? He said I would love that challenge. Does that kind of fight interest you, when you get the second biggest knockout puncher against the first biggest knockout puncher and see what happens?
“Yeah, I would be very interested in that fight,” Ngannou said. “Rumble Johnson is a guy that I respect a lot. I know him as a person, and I admire him as a person. It would be great to share the Octagon with him, no matter if it’s for the title or not.
“Even beyond Rumble Johnson I still have some dreams and some aspirations,” Ngannou continued. “But I have stay focused and realistic, and deal with the situation right now. Obviously that question has popped up before, and I would be down for that fight. It would such a great fight, and it would be such an honor to fight Rumble Johnson.”
Anthony Johnson is currently back in the USADA testing pool, and is expected to return to the UFC early next year.
- Dana White: We’re Working On Israel Adesanya vs. Robert Whittaker II For January
- Jose Aldo on Dominick Cruz: “He’s More Dedicated To The Broadcasts Than His Own Fighting Career.”
- Michael Chandler Preparing For ‘Hardest Fight’ Of His Life Against Justin Gaethje
- Report – Brandon Moreno vs. Deiveson Figueiredo 3 Booked For UFC 269 On December 11.
- Sean Strickland Claims Luke Rockhold Is A ‘F*cking C*nt’ Who Deserves To ‘Go To Sleep Permanently’
- Conor McGregor: “You Think A Broken Bone Is Going To Stop Me? Think Again.”
- Luke Rockhold Plans To Take Out ‘B*tch’ Sean Strickland Before Fighting Israel Adesanya For Title
- Tom Aspinall Believes Stipe Miocic’s Best Days Are Behind Him: I Think He Should Leave It Now
- Luke Rockhold Responds To ‘F*cking Idiot’ Sean Strickland: “I’ll Be The One In Jail.”