ESPN MMA has now released its power rankings for the first time ever. These are rankings based on a fighters success, momentum and star power. The rankings are as follows:
- Israel Adesanya
- Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones
- Amanda Nunes
- Stipe Miocic
- Kamaru Usman
- Valentina Shevchenko
- Khamzat Chimaev
- Deiveson Figueiredo
Israel Adesanya has shared the list to say he doesn’t really know what it means, but it’s provocative, it gets the people going. This will no doubt garner a response from Jon Jones, who was not ranked in the top 3. Jones previously posted servers messages and videos when Khabib Nurmagomedov was promoted to number one on the UFC’s P4P list.
All this seems to have done among fans, is cause a stir. With many not happy about Khamzat Chimaev making into into the list, after just three UFC fights. And of course, people will always have their own views on how the power rankings should be ordered.
What would you change?
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6