‘Suga’ Sean O’Malley has not fought since his first professional MMA loss back in August, against Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera. O’Malley suffered a leg injury during the bout and was TKO’d. This helped propel Vera’s career, and he is now ranked in the top 15 and booked to face former Featherweight Champion, Jose Aldo.
Since the bout, O’Malley has kept relatively quiet regarding his UFC return. He has likely been healing up and preparing himself to come back fully fit. Finally ‘Suga’ has broke his silence and seemingly announced his return. You can see the video below.
“Feb 13th Las Vegas. Suga show is back in action.”
You can see the original post on his Instagram.
This is the date for UFC 258, which is reportedly targeting Kamaru Usman v Gilbert Burns and Petr Yan v Aljamain Sterling. Both bouts are yet to be confirmed though, after already being delayed at least once before.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”