Nate Diaz was previously a top 15 Welterweight, but has not fought since his loss to Jorge Masvidal last year. Due to inactivity, he was recently removed from the UFC rankings, which you can read about it HERE.
Paul Felder recently stepped in on five days notice, risking his top 10 Lightweight ranking to face former UFC Lightweight Champion, Rafael Dos Anjos. He fought hard to a split decision loss, but ‘The Irish Dragon’ still has his sights set on facing top five contenders in the near future.
However, speaking to ‘The Bash MMA’, there is one fighter outside of the rankings that would get Paul Felder back into the octagon, no questions asked.
“If you give me a Nate [Diaz] or something like that, yeah I’m willing to move weight classes and all that kind of stuff, for that kind of a fight.” Felder said.
“He’s a BMF guy, just an OG, been around fighting everybody. So yeah, if you want to excite me that way, it’s an automatic main event or co main on a PPV and I take that fight all day.”
It’s worth noting that Diaz fought Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, back in 2011. Diaz won a convincing decision, after slapping Donald’s hat off at the pre-fight press conference. ‘Cowboy’ is a long time, close friend and training partner of Felder’s.
It’s currently unclear what’s next for Nate Diaz. But after the possible departure of Khabib Nurmagomedov from the Lightweight division, many fighters are looking to make another run at the Lightweight title.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’