Nate Diaz was previously a top 15 Welterweight, but has not fought since his loss to Jorge Masvidal last year. Due to inactivity, he was recently removed from the UFC rankings, which you can read about it HERE.
Paul Felder recently stepped in on five days notice, risking his top 10 Lightweight ranking to face former UFC Lightweight Champion, Rafael Dos Anjos. He fought hard to a split decision loss, but ‘The Irish Dragon’ still has his sights set on facing top five contenders in the near future.
However, speaking to ‘The Bash MMA’, there is one fighter outside of the rankings that would get Paul Felder back into the octagon, no questions asked.
“If you give me a Nate [Diaz] or something like that, yeah I’m willing to move weight classes and all that kind of stuff, for that kind of a fight.” Felder said.
“He’s a BMF guy, just an OG, been around fighting everybody. So yeah, if you want to excite me that way, it’s an automatic main event or co main on a PPV and I take that fight all day.”
It’s worth noting that Diaz fought Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, back in 2011. Diaz won a convincing decision, after slapping Donald’s hat off at the pre-fight press conference. ‘Cowboy’ is a long time, close friend and training partner of Felder’s.
It’s currently unclear what’s next for Nate Diaz. But after the possible departure of Khabib Nurmagomedov from the Lightweight division, many fighters are looking to make another run at the Lightweight title.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”