Dan ‘The Hangman’ Hooker is currently ranked 5th in the UFC’s Lightweight division. Ranked just above him at number 4 is Conor McGregor, a fighter who he has his sights set on.
Hooker is coming off a Fight of the Year candidate with Dustin Poirier, where he lost a decision. Before then, he was on a three fight win streak over James Vick, Al Iaquinta and Paul Felder. He also holds a KO win over Gilbert Burns, who is fighting for the Welterweight title next year.
Speaking with Submission Radio, Eugene Bareman discussed what he and Dan Hooker would like next.
“Dan Hooker is another guy who everyone wants to see back in action and I’m curious what you think should be next for Dan?” Kacper Rosolowski asked.
“Conor McGregor wants to do a season.” Eugene responded.
“If you want a season, you can’t just talk about it. Your management team have to get in and actually demand that season gets done. When you want to do a season, when you want to fight regularly like my guys do in New Zealand, you have to line everything up. You need participants as well, that’s the other half of the equation. Dan Hooker will fight anybody, anytime, on the drop of a dime. He’s proven that. Let’s be a part of Conor McGregors season.”
“We would like to fight Conor McGregor. Maybe not next because he has Poirier. But we are a willing participant. If you’re going to talk about your season, then we will step in and be a part of your season and we’re happy to do that, graciously, with respect.”
Conor McGregor fights Dustin Poirier at UFC 257 on January 23rd.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”