Michael Chandler was recently signed to the UFC from Bellator. As he’s a former Champion and holds wins over former UFC Champions such as Eddie Alvarez and Benson Henderson, he has been put at the top of the pecking order already. His first order of business was to be a backup for Khabib Nurmagomedov and Justin Gaethje.
Since then, he has turned his attention to the rest of the top 5. As Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor are booked up, Chandler is most interested in a fight with Tony Ferguson. However, Ferguson wanted to fight before the end of the year, and Chandler was pushing for a date in January. You can read the full story HERE.
Tony Ferguson stayed true to his word and has reportedly moved on, booking a fight against Charles Oliveira for UFC 256 next month. Dana White was asked about why the fight with Michael Chandler didn’t come to fruition. You can see his response below.
“Well, he just cut weight, in Abu Dhabi. So he couldn’t do it. So you know how we do it, we roll, we make fights and these fights will happen. We’ll see what’s next for Chandler.” Dana White said.
If Michael Chandler plans on getting a top 5 opponent, his options are limiting. He is hoping for a spot on UFC 257, which is headlined by Conor McGregor v Dustin Poirier. Time will tell what’s next for him.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”