Pereira is a Glory Kickboxing Champion, but may be best known for being the only man to KO Israel Adesanya. Adesanya is currently the UFC Middleweight Champion and is undefeated in MMA with a record of 20-0.
Pereira lost his MMA debut by submission back in 2015. He then won two fights by KO in 2016, and took a break from the sport. Instead he focussed on his kickboxing career.
However, Pereira has reportedly helped out Anderson Silva and Glover Teixeira in training camp lately. This has inspired a return to MMA, where he hopes to meet Israel Adesanya again some day.
Signing a contract with LFA, he made his debut for the promotion last night and won via 1st round KO. You can see the video below of both knockouts.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”