December 19th is shaping up to be one of the best cards of the year, for hardcore MMA fans. The UFC have been putting deals together all week for it, and it’s turning out to be a huge show to close out 2020.
The card currently contains, but is not limited to: Khamzat Chimaev v Leon Edwards, Stephen ‘Wonderboy’ Thompson v Geoff Neal, Jose Aldo v Marlon ‘Chito’ Vera and now, Khaos Williams v Michel Pereira.
The bout was first announced by Brett Okamoto of ESPN MMA.
Some quality matchmaking right here, you guys. My word. Khaos Williams (@khaosOXwilliams), fresh off a 30-second KO last weekend, will face the enigma that is Michel Pereira (@UfcPereira) on Dec. 19, per sources. Fun. pic.twitter.com/YMz3SovtVO— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) November 21, 2020
Khaos Williams is coming off impressive back-to-back KOs since entering the UFC. In two fights, he’s spent less than one minute inside the octagon. Most recently, he knocked out Abdul Razak Alhassan in just 30 seconds.
Michel Pereira is one of the most exciting and eccentric fighters on the UFC roster. Behind all of the backflips and crazy moves, Pereira has some solid skills and has put together some impressive wins in his UFC career so far. Perhaps none are more impressive than his most recent performance though, where he seemed to find the perfect balance between flashy explosiveness and fundamental skills. He has been known to be a bit too crazy inside the octagon at times though. You can see what we mean below.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”