It’s well documented that Mike Perry missed weight yesterday, for his Welterweight bout at UFC 255. This became a particular talking point, because Perry recently posted videos eating pizzas and burgers ahead of his weight cut. You can read about it HERE.
After stating on Twitter that he didn’t believe he could make the weight, Mike Perry eventually showed up to the scales 4.5lbs over the limit. As a result, he will be fined 30% of his fight purse, and he won’t be entitled to any bonuses in full.
In an interview with ‘The Schmo’, Perry was asked if he will be going for a bonus at UFC 255, to make up for any losses. He responded by saying it’s actually worked out, because it will keep his taxes under the next bracket.
“Maybe a performance bonus to neglect the 30% payment stuff?” The Schmo asked.
“I mean if I get the bonus he gets some of that too I think, so you know, whatever.” Perry responded. “But I was saying that it’s kind of funny how God works because, this 30% thing is going to keep my taxes for next year under a certain bracket. So like, it works out, bro, in the end.”
Mike Perry fights Tim Means tonight at UFC 255, on the main card.
- Usman on breaking Covington’s jaw being “probably” one of the favorite moments in his career.
- Dana White unsure on Nick Diaz’ future: “Fighting is a young man’s game.”
- Garbrandt questions Dillashaw’s abilities without “having a needle shoved up his ass.”
- Dana White: “Imagine Chandler and Gaethje… that’d be a fun fight.”
- Tony Ferguson: “I’m competing regularly again… don’t count me out.”
- UFC rankings update: Dariush and McGregor move up the 155lbs ladder
- Tony Ferguson says he is not retiring: “Now I’m pissed.”
- Jon Jones: “My first fight back is going to be huge.”
- Ali Abdelaziz outlines how Michael Chandler can fight Justin Gaethje next.