It’s well documented that Mike Perry missed weight yesterday, for his Welterweight bout at UFC 255. This became a particular talking point, because Perry recently posted videos eating pizzas and burgers ahead of his weight cut. You can read about it HERE.
After stating on Twitter that he didn’t believe he could make the weight, Mike Perry eventually showed up to the scales 4.5lbs over the limit. As a result, he will be fined 30% of his fight purse, and he won’t be entitled to any bonuses in full.
In an interview with ‘The Schmo’, Perry was asked if he will be going for a bonus at UFC 255, to make up for any losses. He responded by saying it’s actually worked out, because it will keep his taxes under the next bracket.
“Maybe a performance bonus to neglect the 30% payment stuff?” The Schmo asked.
“I mean if I get the bonus he gets some of that too I think, so you know, whatever.” Perry responded. “But I was saying that it’s kind of funny how God works because, this 30% thing is going to keep my taxes for next year under a certain bracket. So like, it works out, bro, in the end.”
Mike Perry fights Tim Means tonight at UFC 255, on the main card.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”