We recently shared footage of Mike Perry eating a variety of foods such as Pizzas, Burgers, Brownies and more. You can read about it HERE.
There was a lot of talk that Mike Perry was possibly ‘trolling’ and that he was just playing games. However, weigh ins take place today, and he has now taken to Twitter to say he doesn’t think he can make the weight.
I’m sorry man. I don’t think I can make it— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
I have always talked trash during weight cuts so that if I couldn’t make it I could say I told y’all I wasn’t sure. Maybe I’ve outgrown this. I did try to ask for a fight at 185 but maybe I just don’t have it anymore. I’m so thankful to all the kind people at the @ufc 🙏🏻— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
Can’t believe I’ve even been here this long. Maybe I should just lay the gloves down. I don’t want it. I’m just in over my head with this weight. I was just 189 and now I’m 177 and I can’t sweat. I ran with a nice sauna suit , got in the portable sauna for 15 minutes , nothing— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
So easy for people to sit there and say shit but I swear I feel like anyone saying I’m weak for this doesn’t cut weight. It’s death to me. I’m dying already and have 6 more lbs to go. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but it’s harder than the first 14.— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
It’ll be interesting to see what Mike Perry weighs in at today. But most importantly, how much heavier he’ll be than his opponent. Perry has had a lot of issues in and out of the octagon. After this lack of professionalism, he could be fighting for his job tomorrow.
- Usman on breaking Covington’s jaw being “probably” one of the favorite moments in his career.
- Dana White unsure on Nick Diaz’ future: “Fighting is a young man’s game.”
- Garbrandt questions Dillashaw’s abilities without “having a needle shoved up his ass.”
- Dana White: “Imagine Chandler and Gaethje… that’d be a fun fight.”
- Tony Ferguson: “I’m competing regularly again… don’t count me out.”
- UFC rankings update: Dariush and McGregor move up the 155lbs ladder
- Tony Ferguson says he is not retiring: “Now I’m pissed.”
- Jon Jones: “My first fight back is going to be huge.”
- Ali Abdelaziz outlines how Michael Chandler can fight Justin Gaethje next.