We recently shared footage of Mike Perry eating a variety of foods such as Pizzas, Burgers, Brownies and more. You can read about it HERE.
There was a lot of talk that Mike Perry was possibly ‘trolling’ and that he was just playing games. However, weigh ins take place today, and he has now taken to Twitter to say he doesn’t think he can make the weight.
I’m sorry man. I don’t think I can make it— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
I have always talked trash during weight cuts so that if I couldn’t make it I could say I told y’all I wasn’t sure. Maybe I’ve outgrown this. I did try to ask for a fight at 185 but maybe I just don’t have it anymore. I’m so thankful to all the kind people at the @ufc 🙏🏻— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
Can’t believe I’ve even been here this long. Maybe I should just lay the gloves down. I don’t want it. I’m just in over my head with this weight. I was just 189 and now I’m 177 and I can’t sweat. I ran with a nice sauna suit , got in the portable sauna for 15 minutes , nothing— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
So easy for people to sit there and say shit but I swear I feel like anyone saying I’m weak for this doesn’t cut weight. It’s death to me. I’m dying already and have 6 more lbs to go. I know it doesn’t sound like a lot but it’s harder than the first 14.— Platinum Mike Perry (@PlatinumPerry) November 20, 2020
It’ll be interesting to see what Mike Perry weighs in at today. But most importantly, how much heavier he’ll be than his opponent. Perry has had a lot of issues in and out of the octagon. After this lack of professionalism, he could be fighting for his job tomorrow.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”