‘Platinum’ Mike Perry managed to get everyone interested in today’s weigh ins. They took place for UFC 255 tomorrow, where Perry is scheduled to face Tim Means.
For the past two weeks, Perry has had MMA fans speculating about his weight cut. He recently posted videos eating junk food, followed by mentioning he has to cut 25lbs in 10 days. You can read about it HERE.
Perry then said at the UFC 255 media scrum that he planned on cutting 20lbs in the last minute. And that he enjoyed a burrito for breakfast. You can read about that HERE.
He took to his Twitter today to update people on how his cut was going. Perry stated that he was sorry, but he didn’t believe he could cut the last 6lbs. You can read the full story HERE.
Mike Perry weighed in at 175.5lbs, which was 4.5lbs over the limit. The fight will go ahead as scheduled.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”