After his viral KO, Joaquin Buckley burst onto the MMA scene in style. With his flashy techniques and respectful personality, he won most fans over in a short space of time. One person he hasn’t won over, and has actually rubbed the wrong way, is UFC veteran, James Krause.
Krause has been very vocal to the media that he isn’t a fan of Buckley’s. Krause claims that Buckley is notorious in the local area for not being liked. He also says he’s never heard a good word said about him, and that he’s been kicked out of every gym he’s been to.
James Krause is very open to moving up a weigh class and fighting Joaquin Buckley, and he may get his wish. In his pre fight media scrum for UFC 255, Buckley addresses Krause’s recent comments.
Buckley was asked whether he’d be interested in pursuing a fight with Krause.
“Most definitely.” Buckley responded. “But there’s no reason to talk about James Krause.”
“All the people he beat are not even signed with the UFC anymore, so there’s no reason to talk about him.”
Buckley gave his respect to Jordan Wright, who he fights this weekend at UFC 255, and says his attention is on him for the time being.
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”
- Scott Coker says Anthony Pettis vs MVP “would be a lot of fun.”
- DC on Khabib: “I don’t think it’s going to be money that makes him go back.”
- Sean O’Malley: “12-0. Chito sucks.”
- ‘Wonderboy’ says he will be Champ in 2021, calls for a rematch with Jorge Masvidal
- Anthony Pettis wants to rematch Tony Ferguson: “I think that’ll be a good fight for me.”