If you hadn’t heard, Mike Perry previously went on a food binge, including pizza, burgers and brownies. Shortly after, he said he had to cut 25lbs for this weekends fight. You can read the full story HERE.
This weekend, he fights Tim Means at UFC 255. In his pre fight media scrum, he was asked about a range of topics, including his current weight cut. Perry stated that at this point in his career, he no longer cuts the weight early, he prefers to do it last minute.
“It is what it is, I have to be on weight Friday morning. Over the years I did it a little early because I didn’t want to have to do it last minute. But since I’ve gotten better, since I understand the process more, I can wait. So I still have like, 20 [lbs] that I plan on cutting last minute.” Perry said.
“Are you worried about that amount?” The reported asked.
“I understand hard work, so I’m not really worried.” Perry responded.
“I know I can do it, I work hard and my body cooperates, I feel like I’m built properly. So I can eat whatever I want most of the time, really I don’t diet at all for fights anymore; I just eat what I want… This morning I had a spinach wrap, egg white and turkey bacon burrito, it was pretty good. But I also I ran 6 miles today.”
Weigh ins are roughly 24 hours from when this article is published, so it’ll be interesting to see not just if Mike Perry makes the weight, but how the last minute cut will effect his performance. If Perry doesn’t make weight, he will be fined a percentage of his fight purse.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”