Although it was previously reported that the bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier was official, it was actually only Poirier who signed his bout agreement. This was reportedly because Conor McGregor was still trying to get an earlier date and fight in December.
However, Conor McGregor has now re tweeted Mac Life’s post that he has officially signed his bout agreement and it will take place in January as originally planned. You can see the post below.
This comes after Dustin Poirier said that he was travelling to Florida to begin his training camp.
Off to Florida for training camp in the morning!!⚔— The Diamond (@DustinPoirier) November 16, 2020
Michael Chandler is also campaigning for a fight with Tony Ferguson on the card, which would serve as the co main event. The two winners of these contests would likely face each other next, and it could even be for the UFC Lightweight Title if Khabib Nurmagomedov has indeed retired.
The plan is also for the bout to take place in Abu Dhabi, but this could change dependant on restrictions in regards to the coronavirus.
- Usman on breaking Covington’s jaw being “probably” one of the favorite moments in his career.
- Dana White unsure on Nick Diaz’ future: “Fighting is a young man’s game.”
- Garbrandt questions Dillashaw’s abilities without “having a needle shoved up his ass.”
- Dana White: “Imagine Chandler and Gaethje… that’d be a fun fight.”
- Tony Ferguson: “I’m competing regularly again… don’t count me out.”
- UFC rankings update: Dariush and McGregor move up the 155lbs ladder
- Tony Ferguson says he is not retiring: “Now I’m pissed.”
- Jon Jones: “My first fight back is going to be huge.”
- Ali Abdelaziz outlines how Michael Chandler can fight Justin Gaethje next.