After going five fights without a win, Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone announced he was returning to the Lightweight division for one last run. You can read about his reveal HERE.
‘Cowboy’ has now taken to his YouTube channel, to discuss his comeback in depth. He discusses his recent issues when it comes to fighting, how he is currently training and what’s next for his MMA career.
“I don’t want to end like this. I want to end kicking ass”. Cerrone opened with.
He was adamant that he belongs in the top 5 of the division, and there’s not many Lightweights in the world that can beat him. But because he’s not prepared properly for the last few years, he finds himself outside of the top 10, which isn’t familiar territory in his career. He then went on to say he has two years left before he retires.
This is the last run,” Cerrone said. “This is it. I don’t have much left in me, timewise. If I’m going to really say this is my last run, really give it all. I’d rather go out when I want to. Go perform, enjoy it and then kick off the boots while I’m still flying through the air, call it a day. Not get cut, or everyone telling me I need to slow down or stop.
I want to retire when I want to retire. I don’t care about what everyone else wants to say. Realistically, I’ve probably got a couple years left. That’s probably four or five fights left in me.”
Donald Cerrone is looking to return early next year, but first, he grapples Rafael Dos Anjos at Submission Underground next month.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”