Nick Maximov typically fights in the Middleweight or Light Heavyweight division, and has a record of 6 wins and 0 defeats, at just 22 years of age. He was also 6-0 as an amateur, and has competed multiple times in prestigious grappling tournaments. He is a member of the Nick Diaz Academy and considered one of their top prospects. Maximov even weighed in at 209lbs, which may or may not be a coincidence.
Last night, he fought on Dana White’s Contender Series. Desperate for an opportunity, he agreed to fight a Heavyweight, who weighed in roughly 50lbs heavier than him. Despite the disadvantage, he out grappled his way to a dominant decision victory. Afterwards, he said he wants to fight in the UFC’s Middleweight division, and that he’d also be open to Light Heavyweight.
Unfortunately, Dana White didn’t offer him a UFC contract. He did however offer him a spot on The Ultimate Fighter. ‘TUF’ is a show where fighters live and train together as they compete, until one fighter in each division wins their fights and is granted a UFC contract. It’s a show that Nate Diaz himself won, and helped kickstart his career with.
Dana White says Nick Maximov has an invite to TUF 29. That’s middleweights and bantamweights. #dwcs— Adam Martin (@MMAdamMartin) November 18, 2020
The Ultimate Fighter is set to return in March, featuring Middleweights and Bantamweights. It begins filming in January, so time will tell if we get to see more of Maximov in the near future. One things for sure, the future is bright for this young man.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”