Newly UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Jan Blachowicz and UFC Middleweight Champion, Israel Adesanya have verbally agreed to face each other in March.
Adesanya is now 20-0 and has seemingly defeated all clear cut Middleweight contenders for the time being. He is now looking to move up and become a double champ, on his way to an eventual super fight with Jon Jones.
However, Blachowicz isn’t interested in his plans, and believes he will knock the Middleweight Champion out with his “Legendary Polish Power”.
In an interview with MMA Fighting, Blachowicz discussed what it will mean to defeat ‘Stylebender’.
“He never lost a fight in MMA so if they make this fight, I will be the first to beat him and he will remember it for the rest of his life. It will be amazing. Small bonus for me.” Blachowicz said.
In regards to Adesanya moving up a weight class, the 205lbs Champion had a warning for him.
“All my life I’m in this category so I know everything about this category. Everything is different,” Blachowicz said. “Cardio is different. Timing is different. Speed is different. You can train with heavyweight guys, you can train with 205 guys but this is training. A fight is completely different.”
However, waiting in the wings is number one 205lbs contender, Glover Teixeira, who Blachowicz is also open to fight.
“We’ll see what the UFC [says], if they tell me you’re next fight is going to be Glover, I will sign that no problem. If they tell me your next opponent is Adesanya, I will sign that also. I don’t like to choose. If they want to give me Glover, no problem. If they want to give me Adesanya, no problem.”
Although a fight between Blachowicz and Adesanya is verbally agreed, it’s not yet signed, so it’s unclear who will next fight for the 205lbs title.
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”
- Scott Coker says Anthony Pettis vs MVP “would be a lot of fun.”
- DC on Khabib: “I don’t think it’s going to be money that makes him go back.”
- Sean O’Malley: “12-0. Chito sucks.”
- ‘Wonderboy’ says he will be Champ in 2021, calls for a rematch with Jorge Masvidal
- Anthony Pettis wants to rematch Tony Ferguson: “I think that’ll be a good fight for me.”