Newly UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Jan Blachowicz and UFC Middleweight Champion, Israel Adesanya have verbally agreed to face each other in March.
Adesanya is now 20-0 and has seemingly defeated all clear cut Middleweight contenders for the time being. He is now looking to move up and become a double champ, on his way to an eventual super fight with Jon Jones.
However, Blachowicz isn’t interested in his plans, and believes he will knock the Middleweight Champion out with his “Legendary Polish Power”.
In an interview with MMA Fighting, Blachowicz discussed what it will mean to defeat ‘Stylebender’.
“He never lost a fight in MMA so if they make this fight, I will be the first to beat him and he will remember it for the rest of his life. It will be amazing. Small bonus for me.” Blachowicz said.
In regards to Adesanya moving up a weight class, the 205lbs Champion had a warning for him.
“All my life I’m in this category so I know everything about this category. Everything is different,” Blachowicz said. “Cardio is different. Timing is different. Speed is different. You can train with heavyweight guys, you can train with 205 guys but this is training. A fight is completely different.”
However, waiting in the wings is number one 205lbs contender, Glover Teixeira, who Blachowicz is also open to fight.
“We’ll see what the UFC [says], if they tell me you’re next fight is going to be Glover, I will sign that no problem. If they tell me your next opponent is Adesanya, I will sign that also. I don’t like to choose. If they want to give me Glover, no problem. If they want to give me Adesanya, no problem.”
Although a fight between Blachowicz and Adesanya is verbally agreed, it’s not yet signed, so it’s unclear who will next fight for the 205lbs title.
- Paddy ‘The Baddy’ Pimblett signed to the UFC
- Zabit wants to be next in line for a title shot or face Max Holloway
- Islam Makhachev: “I don’t agree on Chandler being in there.”
- NiteTrain on fighting a Nurmagomedov: “I’m about to change their game.”
- VIDEO: Khabib coaches Holland cage-side to become first to take Brunson down in the UFC
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2