Back in 2010, Chris Weidman KO’d Uriah Hall in The Ring of Combat organisation. Weidman went on to eventually win the UFC Middleweight title from Anderson Silva, while Hall was working his way up after his appearance on The Ultimate Fighter.
A decade later, Uriah Hall himself is coming off a win over Anderson Silva, and the two are set to rematch. This is a fight that Hall has long hoped to get back, but hasn’t quite made sense up until now.
Weidman first hinted at this earlier today, on his twitter, which you can see below.
Looks like some fight news coming soon…💪💪— Chris Weidman (@chrisweidman) November 17, 2020
Now, Ariel Helwani of ESPN has offered some clarity. Stating that Weidman and Hall have verbally agreed to fight.
Chris Weidman vs. Uriah Hall 2 has been verbally agreed to for UFC 257 on Feb. 13, per sources.— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 17, 2020
The duo first fought in September 2010. Weidman beat Hall for the Ring of Combat middleweight title in what was his third pro fight. They’ll rematch over a decade later in the UFC.
Weidman is coming of a win over Omari Akhmedov, which snatched a two fight losing streak. Uriah Hall on the other hand is now on a three fight win streak. Both fighters will need a win in order to have hopes of a title run, and the loser will suffer another major set back in their career.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”