After a successful return to the Lighweight division against Paul Felder, Rafael Dos Anjos is back among the elites of the division. Previously ranked at #12 in a Welterweight division in which he struggled to find consistency, the UFC app has updated and placed him in the top 10 of the Lightweight division.
Although they’ve placed a #6 on his name, they’ve also left #6 on Charles Oliveira. Oliveira is on a 7 fight win streak, so the most likely outcome is that he remains at #6 and RDA is actually ranked #7. We will keep an eye on things and update accordingly. You can see the rankings page below.
With the Lightweight shift, this means that Islam Makhachev has moved down a spot, making a fight between the two even less likely to be rescheduled.
Most notably, this puts Dos Anjos back amongst the top of the pack, and opens up questions about who he could face next, and whether we may see him lift the title once again.
In other rankings news, Khamzat Chimaev replaced Nate Diaz in the Welterweight rankings, which you can read about HERE.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’