After a successful return to the Lighweight division against Paul Felder, Rafael Dos Anjos is back among the elites of the division. Previously ranked at #12 in a Welterweight division in which he struggled to find consistency, the UFC app has updated and placed him in the top 10 of the Lightweight division.
Although they’ve placed a #6 on his name, they’ve also left #6 on Charles Oliveira. Oliveira is on a 7 fight win streak, so the most likely outcome is that he remains at #6 and RDA is actually ranked #7. We will keep an eye on things and update accordingly. You can see the rankings page below.
With the Lightweight shift, this means that Islam Makhachev has moved down a spot, making a fight between the two even less likely to be rescheduled.
Most notably, this puts Dos Anjos back amongst the top of the pack, and opens up questions about who he could face next, and whether we may see him lift the title once again.
In other rankings news, Khamzat Chimaev replaced Nate Diaz in the Welterweight rankings, which you can read about HERE.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”