The UFC has just announced that former UFC Featherweight Champion, Max Holloway will be returning to the octagon and taking on #6 ranked, Calvin Kattar.
Holloway is coming off back to back decision losses to the current Champion, Alex Volkanovski. Whereas Kattar is currently riding back to back impressive wins over Jeremy Stephens and Dan Ige.
Holloway is still ranked #1 in the division, as his latest decision loss was seen as somewhat controversial by many fans. This will be a chance for both fighters to stake their claim for a title shot. In the meantime, all signs point towards Brian Ortega getting the next crack at the Champion.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”