News recently circulated that Daniel Cormier had once again brought up the subject of Jon Jones and where he ranks as one of the all time greats. DC stuck with his stance, which is he believes that if you’ve ever failed a drug test, you’re eliminated from the conversation.
“One of the most talented guys you’ll ever meet but again for me bad [drug] tests eliminate you from the conversation,” Cormier told MMA Fighting. “I just cannot understand how that is so hard to comprehend in a sport where we’re fighting each other. In baseball, bad tests eliminate you from being considered and being in the Hall of Fame and you’re hitting a ball. You’re hitting an object that has no feeling. In fighting, you’re punching people, human beings, and you have bad tests that eliminates you. It’s just too dangerous.”
“So I think when you start to think about the greatest of all time for all the things and all the great victories, you can’t look at those, me personally being a guy that those fights did really long term damage to my career, it’s hard for me to say [Jon Jones] is the greatest of all time when every time we fought, there was some sort of issue. That for me, it just kind of changes the conversation.”
This prompted Jones to discuss USADA, who are the organisation that drug tests the UFC’s athletes.
With USADA you are guilty until proven innocent unless you are the goat. When you’ve been winning this damn long, you remain guilty, it helps people sleep at night— BONY (@JonnyBones) November 16, 2020
People will remember I was accused of steroids, they will also remember that I was proven innocent and able to continue with my career. #Facts— BONY (@JonnyBones) November 16, 2020
Jones then directed his tweets at DC himself.
DC you lost your last fight and then quit the sport 😂 Talk about being eliminated from the conversation 🥴— BONY (@JonnyBones) November 16, 2020
“DC you lost your last fight and then quit the sport. Talk about being eliminated from the conversation” Jones stated.
- Usman on breaking Covington’s jaw being “probably” one of the favorite moments in his career.
- Dana White unsure on Nick Diaz’ future: “Fighting is a young man’s game.”
- Garbrandt questions Dillashaw’s abilities without “having a needle shoved up his ass.”
- Dana White: “Imagine Chandler and Gaethje… that’d be a fun fight.”
- Tony Ferguson: “I’m competing regularly again… don’t count me out.”
- UFC rankings update: Dariush and McGregor move up the 155lbs ladder
- Tony Ferguson says he is not retiring: “Now I’m pissed.”
- Jon Jones: “My first fight back is going to be huge.”
- Ali Abdelaziz outlines how Michael Chandler can fight Justin Gaethje next.