Earlier this year, Tony Ferguson was on a 12 fight win streak, dating back to 2013. After a fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov fell through once again, he agreed to face Justin Gaethje for the interim belt. Ferguson lost via TKO and has not fought since.
Conor McGregor has not fought in the Lightweight division this year, but has announced a return against Dustin Poirier, who is ranked second in the division. Ferguson himself is currently ranked third.
Tony Ferguson and Michael Chandler have recently called each other out. Chandler is not ranked in the UFC yet, as he has come from Bellator, a rival organisation. Moments ago, Ferguson suddenly directed a tweet at McGregor, which you can see below.
No Balls To Fight A Top Contender. @TheNotoriousMMA you’re washed up laddy. It’s Improper TUF 13 Bish’ 🌱 Champ Shit Only™️ You Will Always Be A Replica, Coward. Congrats On The Success # TheItalianJob ⚔️🕶 -CSO- 🇺🇸🏆🇲🇽 See you soon Leprechaun. -Champ 🕴 pic.twitter.com/n7KtctUNCv— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) November 15, 2020
“No balls to fight a top contender. You’re washed up laddy… you will always be a replica, coward… See you soon Leprechaun.”
Ferguson himself was recently in talks to fight Dustin Poirier, but neither fighter came to terms with the UFC. He is now asking to face Chandler in December.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”