Earlier this year, Tony Ferguson was on a 12 fight win streak, dating back to 2013. After a fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov fell through once again, he agreed to face Justin Gaethje for the interim belt. Ferguson lost via TKO and has not fought since.
Conor McGregor has not fought in the Lightweight division this year, but has announced a return against Dustin Poirier, who is ranked second in the division. Ferguson himself is currently ranked third.
Tony Ferguson and Michael Chandler have recently called each other out. Chandler is not ranked in the UFC yet, as he has come from Bellator, a rival organisation. Moments ago, Ferguson suddenly directed a tweet at McGregor, which you can see below.
No Balls To Fight A Top Contender. @TheNotoriousMMA you’re washed up laddy. It’s Improper TUF 13 Bish’ 🌱 Champ Shit Only™️ You Will Always Be A Replica, Coward. Congrats On The Success # TheItalianJob ⚔️🕶 -CSO- 🇺🇸🏆🇲🇽 See you soon Leprechaun. -Champ 🕴 pic.twitter.com/n7KtctUNCv— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) November 15, 2020
“No balls to fight a top contender. You’re washed up laddy… you will always be a replica, coward… See you soon Leprechaun.”
Ferguson himself was recently in talks to fight Dustin Poirier, but neither fighter came to terms with the UFC. He is now asking to face Chandler in December.
- Usman on breaking Covington’s jaw being “probably” one of the favorite moments in his career.
- Dana White unsure on Nick Diaz’ future: “Fighting is a young man’s game.”
- Garbrandt questions Dillashaw’s abilities without “having a needle shoved up his ass.”
- Dana White: “Imagine Chandler and Gaethje… that’d be a fun fight.”
- Tony Ferguson: “I’m competing regularly again… don’t count me out.”
- UFC rankings update: Dariush and McGregor move up the 155lbs ladder
- Tony Ferguson says he is not retiring: “Now I’m pissed.”
- Jon Jones: “My first fight back is going to be huge.”
- Ali Abdelaziz outlines how Michael Chandler can fight Justin Gaethje next.