Despite being one of the most decorated fighters in UFC history, Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone has hit somewhat of a roadblock in his career. In his last five fights, he has won zero, with three of those losses coming via TKO.
Cerrone has jumped back and forth from the Lightweight and Welterweight division, with his most recent fight being at Welterweight. Although he’s had some success at 170lbs, 155lbs is where we’ve seen his best work, and it’s also where he’s earned a UFC title shot in the past.
After his last fight, Cerrone said that he was going to take the rest of the year off to try and figure some things out. Just moments ago, he has posted an image on his Instagram.
“2021 I’m coming in hot. Back to lightweight, back on a mission!! Back to setting records.”
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”