Roman Faraldo fought last night at Bellator 252. It was his first time fighting for the promotion, and his fourth time fighting professionally. Faraldo works under the same striking coach as Jorge Masvidal, Paulino Hernandez.
It was a Bellator debut to remember, as Faraldo not only extended his record to 4-0, but did so with a signature Jorge Masvidal flying knee. Better yet, he did it on Masvidal’s birthday. He has now won all four of his bouts via KO/TKO. You can see the knockout below.
2️⃣nd fight, 2️⃣nd knee to the head finish!🦵💥@RomanFaraldo with a massive finish! Tune in now on our YouTube channel!— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) November 12, 2020
Main card kicks off at 7pm ET / 4pm PY on @cbssportsnet! #Bellator252 pic.twitter.com/qelstB6l1F
Faraldo spoke to the media afterwards.
“Obviously anyone who knows anything about Jorge knows his striking coach, Paulino Hernandez. That’s my man. I’m under him. I look at him more as a guy that I can look to and ask for advice. It’s pretty cool that I finished the fight that way.”
Masvidal later retweeted the KO.
“My boy Roman Faraldo doing the good work.”
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”