The fight that almost never was, might just be. All the way back in April 2018, news broke that Matt Brown was injured, and out of his scheduled bout with Carlos Condit at UFC on FOX 29. This was the second time the fight fell apart, and it has been rumoured on and off ever since.
It was a fantasy match up in the eyes of most fans. Condit and Brown were known as two of the most game opponents on the UFC roster. The matchup guaranteed violence, and it was disappointing to think that it could never come to fruition.
But after two, long, fruitful careers, the two are once again set to lock horns. First reported by MMA Fighting, the bout is targeted for January 30th.
Matt Brown is coming off a loss to Miguel Baeza back in May. Whereas Carlos Condit recently snatched a losing streak, with a convincing decision win over Court McGee. After which, Condit was asked about a potential matchup with Matt Brown:
“Bubble wrap that dude up” Condit stated.
Haha fair enough https://t.co/fIpllVKYN1— Matt Brown (@IamTheImmortal) October 4, 2020
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”