This week, Islam Makhachev pulled out of his main event against Rafael Dos Anjos, and RDA was hopeful of finding a replacement. He first called out Michael Chandler, and went on to say that he will be fighting this weekend no matter what.
Heroically, UFC Lightweight and commentator, Paul Felder, stepped up to the plate. Originally scheduled to commentate UFC Vegas 14, Felder would now be headlining it against the former Champion.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani of ESPN MMA, Felder said that if he can finish and beat RDA, he should be undeniably in line for a big fight.
“If I go in there and I can finish and beat RDA, a former champ, then it gives me a lot of selling points to be getting these bigger fights that have been alluding me in the top 5. How do you not give me something big after this if I go in there after stepping up?”
Felder is coming off a decision loss to number four ranked Lighweight, Dan Hooker. The other fighters in the top 5 currently include: Conor McGregor, Tony Ferguson, Justin Gaethje and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”