This week, Islam Makhachev pulled out of his main event against Rafael Dos Anjos, and RDA was hopeful of finding a replacement. He first called out Michael Chandler, and went on to say that he will be fighting this weekend no matter what.
Heroically, UFC Lightweight and commentator, Paul Felder, stepped up to the plate. Originally scheduled to commentate UFC Vegas 14, Felder would now be headlining it against the former Champion.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani of ESPN MMA, Felder said that if he can finish and beat RDA, he should be undeniably in line for a big fight.
“If I go in there and I can finish and beat RDA, a former champ, then it gives me a lot of selling points to be getting these bigger fights that have been alluding me in the top 5. How do you not give me something big after this if I go in there after stepping up?”
Felder is coming off a decision loss to number four ranked Lighweight, Dan Hooker. The other fighters in the top 5 currently include: Conor McGregor, Tony Ferguson, Justin Gaethje and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’