Israel Adesanya recently extended his MMA record to 20-0, after defeating Paulo Costa via TKO and defending his Middleweight title. Meanwhile, Jon Jones, the most decorated Light Heavyweight in UFC history, has been bulking up for a fresh challenge and move up to Heavyweight.
However, the two have expressed an interest in fighting each other for a number of years now, and Adesanya is not only willing to go up to 205lbs to fight him, but beyond that too.
In an interview with MMA Junkie, ‘Stylebender’ discussed the eventual bout taking place in a packed stadium one day, and he believes he’d be the main attraction.
“I’m already the A-side,” Adesanya told MMA Junkie Radio. “I’m the guy that’s actually active. I’m the guy that’s actually fighting.”
“I like fighting with no audience, but that fight in particular, I want there to be an audience,”.
“But if there’s no audience for that fight, as well, I don’t mind. I just feel it’ll be glorious in a packed stadium with 75,000 people, you know. But, yeah, I don’t mind. I kind of like the last fight (vs. Paulo Costa), where you could here the crispness of the strikes, the impact of the leg kicks, the shots sounding like gun shots. Either way is good for me.”
Adesanya is currently rumoured to be facing Jan Blachowicz in March, while Jon Jones is quietly preparing himself for his Heavyweight debut. Time will reveal if the stars can align for this super-fight.
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’