Amanda Nunes was set to defend one of her titles next month, against Megan Anderson. The fight was set to take place on December 12th, and the two women were supposed to be headlining the PPV.
Brett Okamoto of ESPN first reported that Amanda Nunes was out, which was then confirmed by her opponent, who wished her a speedy recovery for what is currently undisclosed:
Wishing Amanda a speedy recovery 🙏🏻UFC are rescheduling the bout for a date early next year.— Megan Anderson (@MeganA_mma) November 9, 2020
The goal remains the same 👊🏻 We'll be ready.. https://t.co/APZt4zUkS0
The UFC is once again out of a main event. With this weekends card losing Islam Makhachev and UFC 255 previously losing Cody Garbrandt.
Based on Anderson’s tweet, a replacement fight won’t be made, instead they’ll be rescheduling the bout to next year. This means either a completely new match up will headline the card, or Aljamain Sterling will headline when he takes on Petr Yan for the Bantamweight title, which is currently the co main event.
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”