Amanda Nunes was set to defend one of her titles next month, against Megan Anderson. The fight was set to take place on December 12th, and the two women were supposed to be headlining the PPV.
Brett Okamoto of ESPN first reported that Amanda Nunes was out, which was then confirmed by her opponent, who wished her a speedy recovery for what is currently undisclosed:
Wishing Amanda a speedy recovery 🙏🏻UFC are rescheduling the bout for a date early next year.— Megan Anderson (@MeganA_mma) November 9, 2020
The goal remains the same 👊🏻 We'll be ready.. https://t.co/APZt4zUkS0
The UFC is once again out of a main event. With this weekends card losing Islam Makhachev and UFC 255 previously losing Cody Garbrandt.
Based on Anderson’s tweet, a replacement fight won’t be made, instead they’ll be rescheduling the bout to next year. This means either a completely new match up will headline the card, or Aljamain Sterling will headline when he takes on Petr Yan for the Bantamweight title, which is currently the co main event.
- Report – Amanda Ribas vs. Michelle Waterson Targeted For UFC Event On March 26.
- Clay Guida Offers Nate Diaz Rematch Following UFC Vegas 44 Win: ‘I’ll Give Him Another Chance’
- Aljamain Sterling Praises ‘Phenomenal’ Jose Aldo, Believes He Has ‘The Tools’ To Defeat Him
- Nate Diaz ‘Disrespected’ By UFC’s Offer Of Khamzat Chimaev: ‘Don’t Even Talk My Name’
- Sean O’Malley Claims He’s The ‘Unranked Champ’ At Bantamweight Ahead Of UFC 269
- Beneil Dariush Unwilling To Fight Justin Gaethje In The Future: ‘I Don’t Want To Fight A Friend’
- UFC Vegas 44: Font V Aldo Results And Review
- UFC Vegas 44: Font V Aldo Preview
- Report – Jack Hermansson vs. Sean Strickland Headlines UFC Event On February 5.