Last weekend, Kevin Croom accepted a short notice fight, to make his long awaited UFC debut.
On that card, he was the biggest betting underdog of any other fighter that night.
After 33 professional fights, he finally had his shot at the big time, facing Roosevelt Roberts, a man who already had 6 UFC fights to his name.
Croom didn’t waste any time, submitting his opponent in just 31 seconds. And looking in complete disbelief afterwards.
Not only did Croom win the bout, but he also earned himself a Performance of the Night bonus from UFC President, Dana White. Earning himself an extra $50,000.
Shortly after, he tweeted that before the fight, he “had $64” in his bank account. UFC President, Dana White then responded that “Big risks, get big rewards”.
What a story and life changing week for the 33 year old!
So fucking badass!— danawhite (@danawhite) September 14, 2020
Those who take big risks, get BIG REWARDS https://t.co/KWQ1i0cEIn
- Davey Grant on Sean O’Malley’s hype: “I think he’s still yet to live up to it.”
- UFC Rankings Update: Michael Chandler replaces Conor McGregor in top 5
- McGregor’s Head Coach: Conor may go to Boxing if he doesn’t receive immediate rematch
- Khabib Nurmagomedov releases statement on McGregor v Poirier 2
- Michael Chandler on Dan Hooker: “It’s not a fight that favors me in a lot of ways”.
- Hooker on Usman changing camp: “maybe he was the one who needed to change”.
- Dana White says Nate Diaz is returning to 155lbs and has been offered a fight
- Ali Abdelaziz says Chimaev v Edwards “Will not go over 2 rounds”
- Colby Covington: The UFC told me Jorge Masvidal “doesn’t want to fight me.”