Last weekend, Kevin Croom accepted a short notice fight, to make his long awaited UFC debut.
On that card, he was the biggest betting underdog of any other fighter that night.
After 33 professional fights, he finally had his shot at the big time, facing Roosevelt Roberts, a man who already had 6 UFC fights to his name.
Croom didn’t waste any time, submitting his opponent in just 31 seconds. And looking in complete disbelief afterwards.
Not only did Croom win the bout, but he also earned himself a Performance of the Night bonus from UFC President, Dana White. Earning himself an extra $50,000.
Shortly after, he tweeted that before the fight, he “had $64” in his bank account. UFC President, Dana White then responded that “Big risks, get big rewards”.
What a story and life changing week for the 33 year old!
So fucking badass!— danawhite (@danawhite) September 14, 2020
Those who take big risks, get BIG REWARDS https://t.co/KWQ1i0cEIn
- Sean Strickland Claims He Would Take A Misdemeanour To Punch ‘Smug, Cocky Motherf*cker’ Luke Rockhold
- Dana White: Stipe Miocic Has Accepted A Fight Against Jon Jones
- Colby Covington Eyes Future Middleweight Move: “We’re Going To Beat Israel Adesanya”
- Dana White Unsure How A.J. McKee Would Perform In The UFC: “When His Contract Is Up He’ll Have To Call”
- Luke Rockhold Returns, Meets Sean Strickland At UFC 268 On Nov. 6
- Dustin Poirier Believes He’s ‘Done It All In MMA’ If He Can Win Title Against Charles Oliveira
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev Slated For UFC 267 On Oct. 30 In Abu Dhabi
- Sean Strickland Claims He’d ‘Love’ To Kill Someone In The Ring: “It Would Make Me Super Happy”
- Brandon Moreno Explains How UFC Title Defence Against Cody Garbrandt Is A ‘Possibility’